Friday 8 October 2010

Twittering n Googling

So if you back track and see the dates, you will see I took a bit of a hiatus. This was due to a combination of trying to figure out what to do next and lack of access to my computer. Well, no more excuses, time to get back to what it is I do best.... google, ask questions and just have fun! So I have a few things today:

1. GOOGLE!!!
As we all know, google loves having fun with their header, pacman being the one I will never forget. Today, however they have brought in music with a video. It is actually rather interesting, being made for John Lennons 70th Birthday is a good enough excuse I guess. I'm looking forward to seeing what else they can make me smile with.



2. GAP!



This is more a big deal in the US at the moment than in the UK, but I thought I would bring attention to the matter. GAP in the US has changed their logo, its done on their website, however it doesnt seem to be changed on the UK one. In changing their logo, I guess they knew it would spark talk about how hideous the new logo is in comparison to their old one, so they created themselves a little twitter war between @ and @ I do have to say, while I do hate the new logo, this twitter war seems to be working despite the ugly logo. Websites have also started up against the new one, such as http://craplogo.me/ By far the coolest site I have seen for this campaign... so go crap logo your name!

3. Harry Potter!!! :D
One of my favourite books and movies of all time has also joined the social network bandwagon. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/09/hogwarts_gets_the_internet.html shows the article on the new campaign, using twitter, facebook, iphone, foursquare, youtube and etsy. The really cool thing about it is that its not the actors talking about what they are doing, its the characters themselves, which allows fans the opportunity to get to know them more and become "friends". With the end coming near of the whole harry potter movies collection, using social network which is booming with their audience right now couldnt been a better option.

No comments:

Post a Comment