Monday 11 October 2010

Gap goes back!

So as it turns out, enough ad folk and general design community have bagged the new gap logo so much that gap have decided to back track and return to the original old logo.... All that drama for nothing I guess. Atleast they got some talk, unfortunately for them the general public wasn't really aware of the change, so it might not even make a difference at all. Nice try gap, in this case, don't try rework something that's already working n that's iconic in the branding world. I remember billabong messed around with their logo a while back, don't know who noticed but I sure did. It turned me off the brand completely. Funny that a logo can have such an influence on a person, I never would have known that if I was say, my brother, a little engineering genious who doesn't even notice logos unless it's for ps3 ofcourse. I know he threw a fit over the change in typeface, although I dont think it was that dramatic. Heres his issue:

No comments:

Post a Comment