Sunday 4 April 2010

Electric cars coming from everywhere!

For those who don't know me I love technology and cars... lots and lots of cars! especially formula 1. I like to keep up to speed on the different types of cars being engineered recently, especially all the hybrid and electric cars. I don't own a car myself, so I like to think of myself as green friendly at the moment. So anyways while I was checking my daily news sites I came across a new electric car coming from Croatia! Croatia of all places... They were never known for cars... the adriatic perhaps and our amazing food and athletes, but thats it.
The car is called the XD concept, created by Dok-Ing. Dok-Ing are legends in my etes. I have seen them create vehicles for removing mines, which they have done amazing progress with. Anyways back to the car. Its a 3 seater electric car, has 360 degree airbags, butterfly doors, Mclaren F1 style seating position, 'x' shaped tail lights, safety system for electic stability, ABS brakes and power steering. The 32 kWh battery can go for 200-250 km with a charge time of anywhere between 2 to 8 hours, 8 hours only being 80% though. They say another 2 hours could shoot it up to 100%. It is 2.8 metres long, with an interior height and width of 1.6 metres by 1.7 metres. The EV motor takes it from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.7 seconds, which is said to be one of the fastest compared to the average 10 seconds for other EV city cars.
There are already 50 orders for Croatian customers, the first being a major Croatian shopping store mogul. Unfortunately they need an investor, so if you are a millionaire looking to invest, Id say this is a good move,hehe
The initial costs are around 30,000 euros due to battery costs, but the company is hoping that once in mass production, the car can be priced at less than 20,000 euros. I would definately be up for that!! If you want more, go to:
http://xdconcept.com/

Oh and one more note.... it crossed my mind that the name of it; XD is a very happy smiley!!
coincidence? I think not! (Pictures are all below)






No comments:

Post a Comment