Monday 29 March 2010

Can you sell a red brick??

Ever since I was 12 I have wanted to work at Ogilvy... probably has alot to do with the fact that Ogilvy on advertising was my first ad book and well David Ogilvy was just a genious! Anyways so to my wonderful friends and friends of friends who twitter on a daily basis... along with numerous tweets from the ad industry, I managed to find out about the Ogilvy One fellowship. Ofcourse its not as simple as applying with a CV or saying how wonderful you are, its a fun little competition where you do your best to sell a red brick!! yes a red brick!! Now fortunately its open to alot of countries, UK, US and Australia, so it allows all my ad friends and former class mates to give it a go.
It is a bit of deja vu for me, because in my last semester at university in my final examinations, one of the questions on global advertising exam was about selling a brick and what are the different uses and ways to see a brick. Being from Australia, I surprisingly know alot about building houses... but thats probably more due to the fact I know alot of builders through family and friends. Aside from that, when you have an extremely crazy mind that throws around millions of ideas a second, coming up with atleast 10 ideas for the use of a bring was boring... from what was supposed to be a short list, i wrote an essay on it... and even when the test was over, I went home to discuss the remaining thousand ideas i still had floating around.. safe to say, I probably would never get bored with a brick,hahahaha.

Anyways away from my ranting, If you head to http://www.youtube.com/ogilvy you can learn more about it.
Best of luck!! Oh and if you want to get more into it, I would say go and get a red brick!! lol

No comments:

Post a Comment